You know those dishes where only half of it actually reaches the table…because you kept taking a taste? Ya. These Parmesan Creamed Onions gets filed in that category. I loved this dish so much, I made it three nights in a row.
- 4 large Sweet Onions, peeled and then sliced ½ inch thick
- 3 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
How To Make Roasted Parmesan Creamed Onions
- Preheat to 375* Carefully place the onions into a parchment lined baking dish
- Be sure to not separate the onions
- Drizzle with the Olive Oil And season with the salt and pepper
- While the onions are in the oven place the heavy cream and white wine into a saucepan on the stove
- Heat until the cream begins to simmer, once it simmers around the edges completely, remove from the heat and set to the side
- Remove the onions from the oven and carefully set them into a baking dish while continuing to keep the rings intact and together.
- Slowly pour the cream mixture over the onions and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and return to the oven
- Bake for another 20 minutes, then remove the foil carefully and roast for another 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven when the onions have begun to brown and caramelize.
Credit: Recipes Need