How to Store Key Lime Pie
Cover the cooled Key lime pie tightly with storage wrap or foil. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Serve chilled.
Can You Freeze Key Lime Pie?
Yes! You can freeze Key lime pie for up to three months (but make sure you don’t add whipped cream or toppings until after it’s thawed). If you plan to freeze the pie, bake it in a foil pan. Wrap the cooled pie in at least one layer of storage wrap, then follow it up with at least one layer of foil. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
How To Make Key Lime Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine condensed milk, key lime juice, sour cream, and lime zest in a bowl; mix well. Pour into graham cracker crust; place pie on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of the pie. The filling will be wobbly but not browned.
- Transfer pie to a wire rack to cool, then thoroughly chill pie in the refrigerator before serving, about 1 hour. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream, if desired.
Credit: Recipes Need