Not all pasta dishes are created equal, and these drunken noodles are special Italian pasta recipes. If you want something different than the usual tomato or cream-based pasta dishes, please try this one. Italian drunken noodles are not overly “saucy” but are super moist and very tasty.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup white wine
- 1- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 oz egg noodles
How To Make Italian Drunken Noodles:
- In a 4-quart dutch oven or large skillet, heat ½ tablespoon and brown the Italian sausage. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil and saute the onion, bell peppers, and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes
- Pour in the white wine and reduce until it is almost all evaporated
- Add the diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes, salt, pepper, and simmer for 10 minutes. Return the sausage to the pot and add the chopped parsley. Cook for 5 more minutes and keep warm while cooking the noodles according to package instructions. Drain the noodles and add them to the pot. Toss to combine and serve.
Credit: Healthy Juice