In our book, if you add Green Chile from New Mexican Connection to your burger – it’s a good one.
This recipe is modified from Good Housekeeping!
GREEN CHILE CHEESEBURGER
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 lb. ground beef sirloin (90% lean)
- 3/4 lb. ground beef chuck (80% lean)
- 6 slices American or Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c. New Mexican Connection Green Chile diced
- 6 of your favorite hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Heat grill on medium-high.
- In small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In large bowl, gently combine sirloin and chuck and form into 6 (4-inch-wide) patties. Sprinkle both sides with salt mixture.
- Grill burgers 3 minutes; turn over. Top each with slice of cheese. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until desired and cheese has melted.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons green chiles – (or more for the chile addict)
- Serve on buns.
Credit: Healthy Juice