My Mom makes the best cinnamon buns. I don’t make cinnamon buns…I’ve been craving Mom’s cinnamon buns, but they’ve been away. So I had to improvise. Enter Cinnamon Bun Cake, or as our two year old calls it, Cinabun Cake.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How To Make Cinna-bun Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan by spraying with non-stick cooking oil or, if you prefer, coat the pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the base ingredients, with the exception of the butter, together until thoroughly combined.
- Add the melted butter last and pour into the prepared pan; set aside,
To prepare the topping:
- In a small bowl, mix all of the topping ingredients together; mix well to combine.
To assemble the cake for baking:
- Drop topping, by teaspoonful over the base, as evenly as you can, over the entire base.
- Use a butter knife and swirl the topping into the base.
- Place into the pre-heated oven and bake for 28 – 30 minutes.
To prepare and use the glaze:
- While the cake is baking, using a small bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing all ingredients until completed combined; set aside.
- Remove cake from oven and glaze the cake while still warm.
Credit: Recipes Need