These Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are made with rib eye steak, onions, peppers and provolone cheese, all wrapped up and fried to crispy perfection. The ultimate appetizer or game day snack!
These Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls are a delicious twist on the classic sandwich. They are easy to make and packed with flavor! The egg rolls are filled with a delicious mix of steak, onion, peppers, and cheese. The outside is a crispy golden brown and the inside is warm and melty.
Ingredients ( Servings 8 )
- 8 Egg Roll wrappers
- 8 Slices provolone cheese
- 1 lb. Steak strips cut into small cubes
- 1 Green pepper diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Large egg beaten
- McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
- Vegetable oil for frying
How To Make Cheesesteak Eggrolls
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat on the stove.
- Add the steak, onion and peppers to the skillet, and saute until the beef is cooked through, and the vegetables have softened.
- Mix in the steak seasoning to taste and drain any excess fat. Let the meat mixture cool for a bit.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers on a flat surface, and brush all of the outside edges with the beaten egg.
- Place a layer of the meat mixture down the center of each wrapper, avoiding the edges.
- Top the filling in each wrapper with a piece of cheese folded in half.
- Fold in the sides of each egg roll wrapper, and then fold up the bottom and roll the wrapper around the filling, sealing it closed by folding down the top edge to form a pocket.
- Heat several inches of vegetable oil in a high sided skillet or wok over medium high heat on the stove.
- Fry the egg rolls until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Drain on a paper towel lined plate before serving.
Credit: Recipes Need