Butternut Cookies. These are my most requested cookie. I usually make at least 500 of these at Christmas. It’s a very simple recipe but packed with lots of flavors!
- 3/4 c butter, room temperature + 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg package butterscotch chips, 6 oz.
- 1 c finely chopped pecans
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 Tbsp milk or water
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1/2 c chopped pecans.
How To Make Butternut Cookies
1. Cream butter with powdered sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
2. Blend in flour; mix well.
3. Add butterscotch chips and 1 cup finely chopped pecans.
4. Mix well by hand.
5. Shape dough, a scant teaspoonful at a time, into balls. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake in 325 F oven for 15- 20 minutes or until firm but not brown. Let cool on wire racks.
7. Make rum glaze. Mix the powdered sugar, rum extract, and milk until smooth.
8. You can either dip the cookies in the glaze or use a spoon to pour over cookies.
9. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and allow the glaze to set up.