Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken is 1000x better than any takeout! It’s crispy on the outside, tender juicy on the inside and exploding with flavor. There is a reason why this is our favorite recipe on the blog!
I am going to keep this as short and simple as possible…you NEED to make this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe. This recipe is number one for a reason, it’s absolutely incredible. We have yet to find any takeout restaurant beat this recipe.
The secret to the breading is the cornstarch, it makes such a huge difference and the flavor of the sauce is unbeatable. It will thicken as it cooks, coating the chicken perfectly. It’s also easy enough that you just might have to add this to your menu every week, it’s just that good! Easy take out at home!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup corn starch
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
How To Make Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 13 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Set aside. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add cornstarch to a large ziploc bag and add chicken breast. Shake to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together eggs. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Dip chicken breasts in eggs and add to the skillet. Sear chicken until golden and place in the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, and sea salt and whisk.
- Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour, tossing halfway through.
- Serve with rice.
Credit: Recipes Need