- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, one juiced and one sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the Chicken: Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Set aside.
- Prepare the Vegetables: In a large mixing bowl, combine the trimmed green beans, quartered red potatoes, minced garlic, and olive oil. Toss to coat the vegetables with the oil and garlic.
- Assemble in a Baking Dish: Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a large ovenproof baking dish. Arrange the seasoned vegetables around the chicken.
- Lemon and Seasoning: Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Place lemon slices on top of the chicken for added flavor. Season everything with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and Finish: Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (reaches an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C) and the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish and Serve: Once done, garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of color and flavor. Serve hot.
This Garlic & Lemon Chicken with Green Beans and Red Potatoes is a wholesome and flavorful meal that’s easy to prepare and perfect for a family dinner. Enjoy!
Credit: Healthy Juice