Fried rice has been making people happy since the Sui Dynasty in China. This popular dish, which began as a staple of the dining table in Asia, has spread across the globe because it’s delicious, simple to prepare, and makes a satisfying main course or accompaniment to another dish.
- 4 C. Cooked rice
- ½ lb. Chicken thighs cut into small pieces and cooked
- 1 C. Mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 C. Onion chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- ¼ C. Soy sauce
How To Make Better Than Takeout Fried Rice
- Add the sesame oil to a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Place the onion and mixed vegetables into the heated skillet and saute until the onion begins to soften.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Shove the vegetables to one side of the skillet, and crack the eggs into the skillet. Stir the eggs to scramble them, and allow them to cook completely.
- Mix the ingredients in the skillet together.
- Add the rice and chicken to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour the soy sauce over the mixture, and toss to coat everything well.
- Saute another minute or two before serving.
Credit: Recipes Need